The Foundation’s scholarships and bursaries for family of active and retired members of the Canadian Armed Forces or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police can be used to cover tuition, books, associated educational fees and room and board at post-secondary educational institutions. This includes universities, colleges, technical trade schools, and vocational or professional training.
Awards are made to students attending institutions outside Canada only if it can be shown that the program is not offered in Canada.
Available scholarships, bursaries, and forms are advertised on the websites of The Legion National Foundation and The Royal Canadian Legion, and in Legion magazine. Related information is also provided to other military organizations including those for Cadets.
Applicants are required to provide:
• proof of acceptance in a post-secondary educational institution or vocational or professional institution;
• details of academic, work and volunteer experience;
• academic and career goals;
• transcripts of previous year’s marks; and,
• details of the military service of their family member.